Savory Broccoli Galette
| Yield: 4 servings | Time: 60 minutes |
This recipe originally appeared in Growing Perennial Foods: A field guide to raising resilient herbs, fruits, and vegetables. On sale now.
Roll out dough to make a circle with
a 12-inch diameter. Transfer dough to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Filling and Baking:
1. Chop broccoli in 3-inch pieces and drizzle with oil. Add salt, and pepper. Roast at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
2. Spread cheese on the rolled out dough, leaving about 2 inches of space around the edges. Add roasted broccoli.
3. Fold the edges of the galette so that it partially covers the broccoli, leaving the middle open. It doesn’t have to look perfect.
4. Brush the top of dough with an egg or cream wash.
5. Bake in 400 degree oven for 25- 30 minutes, until the crust is nicely brown.
6. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and Parmesan. Serve warm.
Your favorite pie dough, chilled
1 pound broccoli
1 ½ T olive oil
Salt and pepper
½ cup Ricotta cheese or vegan cheese
Egg or cream wash (or vegan substitute)
Red pepper flakes
Other combinations worth trying:
Heirloom tomatoes with red onion, garlic and basil
Artichokes and potatoes with rosemary
Roasted beets with gorgonzola, almonds and thyme (sauté those beet greens and mix them into the ricotta)
Roasted carrots with carrot top pesto
Butternut squash with sage and hazelnuts.