Herby Oregano Bread
Adapted From: King Arthur Flour
| Servings: 1 loaf | Time: 2 hrs 45 mins. to 3 hrs 25 mins.
1 cup and 2 T lukewarm water
1 packet (or 7 grams) active dry yeast
2 T Olive Oil
½ cup whole wheat flour
2 ½ cups AP flour
1 ½ tsp salt
2 heaping T finely chopped oregano and thyme (4 sprigs oregano, 3 sprigs thyme)
1. In a large bowl or stand mixer, sprinkle yeast over lukewarm water and let sit until bubbly, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the olive oil.
3. Stir in the whole wheat flour, one cup of the AP flour, and herbs. Then stir in the rest of the AP flour and salt.
4. Knead with your hands or mixer for ten minutes, or until the dough is smooth (it will be slightly sticky)
5. Cover and let rise for 2 hours. Then shape and put on parchment lined baking pan or in a brotform. Cover and let rise for 45 more minutes. Set oven for 425 degrees.
6. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.