Fresh Mint Truffles
| Yield: 20 1-inch truffles | Time: 1 hour |
1. In a small saucepan, bring almond milk to a boil. Turn off heat, add mint leaves, and cover with lid. Allow to steep for 15 minutes. (Alternatively, you can steep the milk with mint leaves for a few hours without heating.)
2. Finely chop chocolate and place in a metal bowl with the coconut oil and sea salt.
3. When the mint has steeped, reheat the milk and mint mixture to a simmer, remove from heat, and strain over the chocolate mixture.
4. Allow the chocolate to sit and melt from the heat of the milk for a few minutes.
5. Stir until the mixture resembles a glossy ganache. Place in fridge until it reaches a scoopable consistency (this shouldn’t take long. If it gets too hard, just let it sit at room temp until soft again)
6. Use a spoon to scoop the ganache and use your hands to roll into 1-inch balls (It’ll get messy!)
7. Roll the balls in cocoa powder or topping of your choice to coat. Keep refrigerated.
10 ounces bittersweet chocolate (The Trader Joe’s Pound Chocolates are excellent bang for your buck)
½ cup almond or cashew milk
½ cup packed fresh mint, chopped
1 ½ T coconut oil
1/8 tsp sea salt
Cocoa powder for coating